164 no spark

Karl,
Before anything else there has to be 12V at the + side of the coil.
If it's not there nothing will make the engine start. It should switch on
and off with the ignition switch. If it's not there follow the + side wire
backwards to where you find 12V and fix the open. It could be a relay or a
switch maybe a fuse. It could possibly be the - side of the coil. That
should appear to swing from ground to some positive voltage when you crank
the engine over. If that doesn't move (switch) it could be one of the tiny
little wires coming from your magnetic pickup coil in the distributor, this
would fail to tell your ECU (tested right?) to interupt the ground circuit
to the coil. A wiring schematic would make it a lot easier. The most common
failure I have seen personally is a wire or wires from the pickup coil
breaking. They get flexed as the timing advances and retards during
acceleration.
Good luck.
Dave Partridge
76 Spider
by no means an expert but I've been down this road a few times
Minnesota