Digest for All

I was always taught, and still believe, there is no such thing as a dumb
question.

For the digest to be successful, the environment has to be pleasant to
everyone. I've belonged to other digests where flamers lie in wait (and
I firmly believe these people have no excitement in their lifes) which
just causes undo stress and will eventually bring a digest to its knees.

Jon

******************
Laugh all you want, but I have a newbie-type question which I figure
if I didn't ask could result in some serious damage to my car or myself!

I did a search of the Alfa Digest and came up with two alternate rear
jacking
points
(other than the obvious driver's manual-prescribed ones) One is to jack
the
car up
using the centre of the round differential housing (not the small plate
where
the drain
plug is) and the other is at the end of the axle tubes, nearest the
trailing
arms.
For the front, a past poster suggested the front frame rails just below
and
behind
the inner edge of the front wheel wells.

Can anyone confirm that these are safe points please?

Thank you much...
Livio Passera
Toronto, Canada