Cold starting '75 GTJ problem

Greetings.

Here's a question regarding my '75 GT Junior.

My Jr. is not a daily driver so it sits in the garage for a few days
between drives. When I go to start the car it will ususally fire after a
couple of cranks of the starter - pretty normal given evaporation from
the fuel system. The problem is that it runs very unevenly and SLOWLY -
around 500 rpm - untill it warms up a little - ie the temp gauge gets a
reading. I have to use full choke - not unusual - but if I hit the
accelerator it will stall if I don't apply the gas in short bursts
pushing the revs up slowly. I recently replaced the sparkplugs, points
and timed the ignition so there should be no problem there. It runs
really well once it warms up and starts easily when warm. It's just the
cold start which is a little annoying.

Any takes on this problem? The engine is a 1750 with Webers and leaks
some oil etc. but I think the machine is generally sound. Do I need to
check the Webers and maybe clean the idle jets? I'm no expert in these
carbs so I might want to take it to a mechanic in order not to mess
things up.

Jacob Haagerup
Aarhus, DK

'75 GT Jr.