FWD and RWD and faster safer driving

I finally figured out why you guys (well some of you anyway) still think
RWD is better than FWD, you're still finding places where you can pitch
that RWD ALFA into a genuine four wheel drift, nail the apex, and rocket
down the next straight. If you aren't then you're just kidding yourself
that RWD is quicker 'cos it ain't. if you're not drifting the car then FWD
is demonstrably faster, both theoretically and in actual real world driving.

I happened to realize that I've NEVER seen anyone actually really and truly
drift their street car on a street. I've seen lots of wannabes get
seriously sideways, which is pretty slow, but no real honest to goodness
four wheel drifting. With modern tires I wonder if drifting would ever be
safe at the speeds you'd have to be going to actually get the drift started
and held long enough for it to make a difference.

AND , yes, faster driving is safer than slower driving, all other things
being equal, because you spend less time on the road!!! (I find I'm much
harder to hit when moving fast also).

Cheers everyone, looking forward to being proved wrong on these factoids again.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner