Re: alfa-digest V7 #1492

In a message dated 03/29/2000 10:03:42 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:48:19 EST
 From: Newigi@domain.elided
 Subject: Re: Removal of drivers seat.

 I need to remove the drivers seat on my 81 spider to repair the seat
cushion.
 I can get to the two front Allen head nuts but the back two seem to be a
 problem. I can lift the seat bottom up from the clips in front but it is
 still attached to the back of the seat.  Any suggestions? Thanks, Norm.

 81 Spider (great weekend cruiser)
 71 Spider (great engine and parts for sale)

    Seat cushion unclips at the back too.  There is a piece of material that
folds over the back of the seat and fastens underneath.  I leave mine loose
so I can remove it and be under the roll bar for time trials.  If you cannot
figure it out, I can look at mine in the day light and give you more
information, or a better description.
    Slide the seat all the way forward and you should be able to get at the
two rear bolts on the seat rails.

    Do you still have the bumpers from the 71?  You were going to send me
pictures of them a couple of months ago.  I got busy and forgot about them
until now.  Plus I have been spending money on racing my ITB Alfa Spider so
am not flush with cash.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City