'95 Dealer Inventory

I can say with some certainty that there wasn't any stockpile of new Alfas
on the West Coast after mid-1995. Unless, that is, someone stashed them in a
warehouse as an "investment"...

I bought my '95 164LS new in late June '95 just after ARDONA made the big
announcement. At that time the San Francisco area dealer was buying-up the
last of the 164 models from ARDONA, as well as from dealers in Portland and
Los Angeles who wanted to unload their depreciating inventory quickly. I was
told there were a total of 5 cars for sale on the West Coast at that time.
four white 5 speed LS models, and one Burgundy automatic, all at this
SF-area dealer. I got one of the white ones, and Jess is now the proud
second owner of one of the other white ones.

I can't imagine the situation was too much different in other parts of the
US. Maybe a dealer would keep one or two as a novelty or trying to get full
sticker price, but not in any great quantity...

Karl

> > 1997". "Does this mean there were 400 LS & Q's sitting around a lot for
> two
> > years and then sold in 1997 at dealers?" No. It could equally well mean
> that
> > the last unsold 1991 base wasn't sold until 1997, which wouldn't
surprise
> me;
> > a dealer might well have had an easier time selling the newest upscale
> > variant than the last of the leftover early ones

End of alfa-digest V7 #1492