AutoWeek/Alfa Return & 164 Throttle Cable

Read the AutoWeek article (Mar, 27) about Alfas return to the States in
2003.
Anybody know about this statement in the article " Alfa only sold 594 cars
it's
last year in 1995, with another 400 cars released to dealers in 1997." Does
this
mean there were 400 LS & Q's sitting around a lot for two years and then
sold
in 1997 at dealers?

Aaaaaaaaaa...Oooooooooo... Anybody else have to do an early (pre-92)
throttle cable in a 164. It's the type with the two hidden bolts. My hands
are
still bleeding as I type this. Now, I have to wipe my blood off the key
board.
Not as bad as a Sud e-brake cable, but a real close second. Now I know why
Alfa redesigned this cable without the bolts in 1992. Oh the pain !!

Jim T.
Ashland, Ma.
1984 Alfa Romeo Sprint QV Sud 1.5l
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce