Paul Witek's seats and 156 rim killed, Alfa return

> I know AlfaBill threw the Alfa Sportwagon website out there to start a thread, but I have to
> say I like it.  Not my first choice of cars, granted, but if I needed to drive a wagon, it'd be
> my first choice.
>
> What I really want to know is, can we somehow get hold of some of the interior fabric they call
> "158 Blitz fabric anthracite"?  I think some Verde Recaros would look rather spiffy recovered
> with that...
>
> So, AlfaBill, any chances?

Me? A thread starter? C'mon...

Automotive News reports a quote from internal FIAT named
sources that Alfa Romeo will return to USA and it will start
with the new Spider as they have time to federalize it
before production. 156 replacement will follow it. So it
looks like a return is solid. Most likely through the GM
chain and a seperate entity from ARDONA. Different animals,
folks. It'll be interesting to see if we get a shot at it..
Alfa dealer and Subaru (20% owned by GM) Who knows...

As far as the fabric goes, if it's like the current
companies, you'll have to buy the seat cover complete. Only
Recaro comes in lengths. Sorry.

P.S. Alfa USA has informed me that all non USA market car
parts are no longer allowed to be imported by them, per Fiat
Spa. So no more 156 rims... Sigh.
- --
*Bill Harkell				           *
*Internet Manager				   *