RE: Uncentered steering wheel. . .

Tim Carrico wrote:
 =

>> In my '86 GTV6, the uncentered steering wheel means
that I was not careful enough in replacing the steering
wheel after pulling it to replace the column switch.
So now I, and maybe Steve Mosier, need to re-pull the
wheel and put it back on the splines in the correct
position. Measure twice, cut once. . . <<

Perhaps it should be mentioned that Milano and GTV6 steering
wheels are mounted on the steering column using splines and
can be removed, rotated slightly and reattached. This is NOT
true for the Spider or older GTV which use a key. The way to
center the steering wheel on these cars is to adjust the tie
rods.

Rich Hirsch