Steering Straight

I tend to agree with Fred about the loading of the car when doing an alignment. If you
consider the weight of an empty car vs a loaded car, if the front suspension is aligned empty
and then you put in a person, the tendency will be small, but significant to cause a  push/pull in
the car. I don't know if the new alignment machines take this into account or not.
This case was dramatically shown to me by a shop in Culver City-Bagge & Son (are they still
in business?) when I used to have my 65 Spider aligned. They always used a human in the
front seat when setting the suspension. Result? Hands off at 70 mph and it would track
perfectly straight. The other thing to do is rotate your tires on the front to eliminate radial bias
or wear patterns to further eliminate push/pull.
Christopher Boles