Alfetta GT driveshafts

Question: Are the driveshaft assemblies on the '75 and '79 Alfettas
interchangeable? And, yes, I'm aware they take different rubber donuts.

I get a rattling in my gearshift lever mechanism, especially on hard
braking, and would like the annoying noise to go away.

I'm assuming one strong possibility is that the 75's driveshaft is no
longer in balance, causing vibration 'down there' and the harmonics
cause the gearshift shaft to also vibrate.

Ergo, I want to remove the driveshaft from non-running '79, rebuild and
balance and stick it on daily-driver '75. However, I don't like
surprises and once into this, will be 'without wheels'.

Are the rear yokes compatible? Also, note, I have a straight shaft
(early type) clutch assembly on '75.

Biba