Fitting into my Spider

I've been working on my Spiders ergonomics. I'm 6'3" and really a
bit..um...large for the car but its coming together. I adjusted the shift
lever so 2nd gear wasn't inside my right knee, that was a huge improvement.
Then the roll bar came out...it wasn't tall enough to do me any good anyhow
and now I can get the seat back some more plus recline it just a bit.
Things now are much better except for that pesky inside rear view mirror.
It sits right there at eye level and causes a major blind spot thats a
serious problem when driving fast around a right hand bend. Cant see the
road at all and contorting to look under or over it is almost impossible.
So...I'm looking for ideas to relocate the thing. I figure I need one that
either mounts right to the top of the windshield, leaving just enough room
to fasten the top, or it needs to mount on the dash down low. Anybody else
tried any of these or other solutions or have any great ideas?

Thanks,

Ed