Reply to Tom Sahines - Re: Sick GTV

Tom, the following was bounced when I tried to reply to you privately.
Hope you don't mind the public reply.

Thanks again, bob

******* Re: 3 cyl GTV ********

Thanks Tom.

Typically I don't rev more than 6500-7000.  I'll try the timing light
tonight.

Although the plug is black, it is not sooty so I don't think it's
running
rich.  I've driven spica cars with bad TAs and have always been amazed
at how
the car can run reasonably well even when the mixture is way out of
whack,
rich.  On the lean side, however, it will hesitate, as it has when I[ve
had the
short rod too long (or the long rod too short).
The line is dry, so I don't think it's a fuel leak.  A clog somewhere,
however
is definately a possibility, especially since it did it a little while
after I
ran the tank dry on the track (I know, I know.....).

Another possiblility just came to mind... how could I tell if one of the
plungers in the SPICA pump was worn?  I suppose I could rig up a
pressure
gage.  Is there a visual way to check?

Thanks for all your help.  It looks likely that I'll be pulling the pump
this
weekend.... maybe if I get ambitious, tonight.

bob