Re: poor reception

In a message dated 3/23/00 11:08:30 Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 I recently purchased a used stock Alfa radio for my 1990 Spider and I am
 having a problem with poor radio reception.  Whenever the radio is on, it
 sounds as if it's out of tune and that the station isn't quite tuned in
 properly.  The tape player works very well and is crystal clear.  The Alfa
 radio came out of a 1993 series 4 Spider and is the upgraded unit with the
 anti-theft feature and is CD compatible.  The previous radio in my car was a
 cheap Kenwood unit that worked rather well and got great radio reception. >>

Chances are, you simply switched a good unit for a less than stellar one.
Stock radios are not known for their great audio performance, and you have
probably installed a radio with an inferior ability to pull in stations.
There is a difference in quality in this area, which is why audio magazines
test a radio's ability to receive signals.

Don