Re: Alarm Systems

> What is the feeling out there regarding alarm
> systems? I have a 91 spider and trying to decide
> whether to get an alarm system on it or not.

I use neither an audible alarm system nor a steering
wheel club on my 1991 Spider, and it survived 7 years
of frequent overnight stays in downtown Chicago
without a problem.

One night, seven cars inside a locked apartment
complex garage had their wheels and tires stolen,
including the Volvo next to my Alfa.  The Alfa wasn't
touched, although the thieves did take the convertible
top boot cover...probably to help drag out the other
wheels and tires!

What I DO have on the car is a $35.00 kill switch that
prevents the car from being started unless a hidden
toggle switch underneath the dashboard (somewhere) is
flipped to the "off" position.  My radio also has a
removable face-plate and I will lock the glove
compartment and trunk.

However, an audible alarm system might get you a
discount with your auto insurance company, which you
might be interested in.

Good luck!

Diane
NoVA