European rental car classes;a very rough US translation/guesstimation

Greetings Alfisti!
    A gentleman asked about rental car classes A-M in European rental
nomenclature.I'll try and get specific info for you;here's the standard US
car class designations and their rough european car equivalents.Rental car
companies designate car class based on car size.I work for the insurance
replacement subsidiary of National Rent a Car,and these are the codes we
use.This is a rough list, I will call and find out specific info as
needed.Here goes!
CLASS
A,orCC-compact class,like a Geo Metro,euro equal Vauxhall tigra,ford Ka,Seat
Arosa,Pug 206 etc.
B,orIC-subcompact class-like a Chevy Cavalier/Ford Escort-Euro equal-Ford
Focus;Fiesta,Dodge Neon,Rover 45,alfa 145,
C,or SC-standard, or midsize class;the most popular rental car class-Like a
Pontiac Grand Am, Chevy Malibu (Maliboo-hoo for those who maintain
them.....)Ford Contour,etc.Euro equals-Ford Mondeo, Rover 800,Opel
Vectra,Alfa 156,Volvo v40,Fiat Marea,VW Bora,Seat Toledo
D,orFC-Full size class-Toyota Camry, Pontiac Grand Prix, Ford Taurus.Some
companies will also lump in 2 door coupes like the chevy Monte Carlo,Toyota
Camry solara,etc into this group.euro equals-Audi A6,Opel Vectra,Volvo
V70,Toyota Camry,Vauxhall Calibra, alfa GTV,etc
e,or PC premium vehicle class-Like a Lincoln Town car, Buick LeSabre,
Chrysler LHS, etc-Euro equals-Mercedes 3 class,BMW 7 class,Alfa 166 etc.
XV-Vans-Like a Chevy astro, Chrysler Voyager,etc.euro equals-VW Shiran,Ford
Galaxy, Renault Espace, Fiat Multipla
XP-full sized pickup trucksLike a chevy silverado, Ford F150,etc.Don't know
if there's any Euro equivalents (highways without them, wow!)
SV-the dreaded SUV's-Chevy blazer,Ford explorer, Ford Expedition (119.00 per
day at Hertz at Dulles intl.airport,3 week reservation list for these
vehicles!)-Euro equals-Range Rover, Vauxhall Trooper,Suzuki Grand Vitara,etc.

I hope this list helps somewhat;it is a common rental car trick to ask for a
specific car, only to find another car (not the one you want) within the same
size class waiting for you when you arrive.Ask for a specific rental car and
bug them until you get it!(Companies can hold cars or have them transferred
from other locations;especially airport locations.Airport locations are
always the top of the pecking order for rental cars;if the airport location
can't get it there's a local office that can transfer the car you want to the
airport.You might be told that this can't happen;I'm here to tell you that it
    Hope this helps!
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
(currently running the highest percentage of repeat customers within a 10
store district because I give the customers what they want, and if I cant get
it they get a free upgrade.)
1987 Milano Gold (alfie,timed properly and running smoothly at 139k miles)
1979 alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus, running well,moving along nicely)
lots of rental cars,wanting Alfas to rent..............