alarm systems...

What is the feeling out there regarding alarm systems? I have a 91 spider
and trying to decide whether to get an alarm system on it or not. It is
safely parked in a garage when at home and I can keep an eye on it when at
the office; but I worry a lot when I have to leave it in a parking lot for
more than 15 minutes at a time. One school of thought is that these car are
not sought after by thieves as they are not of the popularity of a honda,
toyota or now SUV's. "what will these guys do with such a car? Their
population is low and they stand out too much.
For now I have a 'Club' that at best will discourage yahoo's looking for a
joy ride and may prevent the amateur thief that forgot to bring a saw with
him. I also have a removable face on the radio. I'm intrigued by the anti
theft device advertised on International auto parts that disconnects the
battery by removing a knob. But then I don't understand some of the problems
that they describe may happen when disconnecting the battery often-should
there be any concerns with that? The other option is the club type device
out there now that also locks the brake or clutch pedal.
Obviously, I am looking for a low cost solution towards piece of mind.....

Richard

End of alfa-digest V7 #1474