RE: ABS pump needed

Ralph Moorhouse wrote:
>> I have a small leak in the casing (!!!) of the ABS pump
on my Verde. Strange place to leak.!! WHile not affecting
the braking (yet) it does create an irritating mess. <<

There is a weep hole in the pump behind the shaft seal so
if any brake fluid leaks past the seal it leaves the pump
rather than attacking the motor windings.

So, if the leak is near the seal, there is no defect in the
pump casing--it's supposed to work this way.

And yes you do need a new pump, since the seal is worn
and leaking.

Rich Hirsch
St Louis MO