S suspension problems with aftermarket springs, sebring skidpad pics

reading the faq, some digesters mention that aftermarket lowering springs
"don't work very well" with stock elec. struts. What exactly do y'all mean
by this? I'm tryin to get lower/stiffer springs and sway bars, but don't
want the upgrades to downgrade my handling. So how exactly do lower springs
not jive? To see what I'm working with right now, go to my new, somewhat
crappy homepage at http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mfdomby/images and click on
any of the skidpad images. These were taken at Sebring, where we snuck onto
the skidpad and got a little crazy. Thanks to the Florida Alfa club for
having me in their corral, and AlfaBill for a little technical advice prior
to that weekend. It was a pretty damn cool weekend! Also, I got some other
cool pics of my car and stuff I've done- just replace /images with
/index.html and point-and-click away! Enjoy, thanks, and sorry for the
rambling...
Mark