Wheel Cleaning

I know this list is primarily made up of DIYers but an initial cleaning of
much neglected/brake dust stained wheels can be easily handled by a detail
shop that does prep work for car dealers. When I first got my wife's Audi,
it had thick braked dust caked on the wheels. After 2 cleanings with Eagle
One and a stiff plastic bristed brush, it looked better but still pretty
bad. I stopped by my friend's shop and asked if there was anything he could
do - he said no problem and shot them with some of his wheel cleaner. It
cleaned them perfectly, except obviously for the places the dust had eaten
through the clearcoat. The difference is they use a much stronger version
(higher acid content) than consumer wheel cleaners.

Buona Fortuna,
Joe Cabibbo
'89 Milano
FORZA Modern Media, LLC. <www.forza-mm.com>