Neglected Wheels Update -- Thanks Everyone

Just a public note of thanks to everyone who e-mailed
a response to my request for wheel cleaning solutions
for the neglected wheels on my SO's '93 RX-7.

As usual, lots of varying do's and don'ts from various
people...that's okay with me, I'm always interested in
looking at the same thing from different perspectives.

We have decided that the stock wheels will be replaced
by 17" aftermarket goodies from The Tire Rack at some
point this summer, so we won't have to suffer much
longer with these, although they do look 200% better.

I was reprimanded for using SOS pads on the wheels by
at least one person, I don't think the pads could have
made the situation any worse...but I wouldn't consider
using them on my near-pristine Alfa's wheels.  But
then, I would NEVER let the wheels deteriorate like on
the RX-7!  There's no excuse for not performing simple
maintenance like occasionally cleaning the wheels.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions.  If anyone is
interested in the various product/procedures I
received, please e-mail me privately.

Diane
NoVA