Thank you Ford.

I have resisted until now to voice my views on the stock swap and it
effects, but could resist no longer.  I think the future of Alfa in the US
could be pretty bright...  If the Ford Focus is any indication.  GM wanted
to get access to FIAT's small car technology,  they already have all the
soft barge technology they need.  It would not make sense for them to market
Chevy-like Alfa's of FIAT's.  What I think they want are smaller cars to
compete with the likes of the Ford Focus in the US market.  While light
trucks are still the largest market segment in the US, new cars such as the
Focus are not doing poorly.  In fact, they lead me to believe a segment of
the US population is concerned more and more with tight handling high build
quality entry level automobiles.