Re: Rebadged Alfa

I am quite amused as to what is defined as a rebadged FIAT/Alfa. I'm not
sure if the 145/146/155/156 share any semblance to any of it's FIAT/Lancia
cousins besides the fact that they share the same floorpan and the modular
block. But FIAT uses 5-cylinder blocks while Alfa uses 4. Fiat has no VIVT
or Twinspark or vario-runners. It's not like a Mercury Sable/Ford Taurus
or a Mondeo/Contour/Mystique.

You can fool yourself into thinkin that Alfa "died" along with the
Milano. Actually maybe the 116/161 caused Alfas decline (along with the
33s). Fewer and fewer people that were willing to keep up with these cars'
nuances. These cars, especially the 33 16V were in no way bad per
say. They just require more TLC and will make you grin from ear to
ear.

In any case, the new Alfas aren't rebadged in any way. The GTV V6 doesn't
drive like a Fiat Coupe Turbo 20V. neither does a 145 QV drive like a
Bravo HGT. Get real man. Things change cars get better. There is no
"rebadged Alfa/FIAT". There's only ARNA.

Zamani "new Alfas are better" Zambri
'87 Milano