How do I make my Spider exhaust note throatier?

While I love my 1990 Spider and find the engine to be great, the exhaust
note is very muted and sounds like a Honda.  How do I make the exhaust note
throatier and sound more like a 1960's sports car?  Last week I heard a
Triumph TR-6 startup and drive away and was very impressed with the exhaust
note.  The car sounded very throaty both at idle and as it drove away
without being loud.  Any suggestions on how I can make my car sound like a
traditional Italian sports car without waking up the neighbors as I drive
down the street?  TIA.

Ken Ross