[none]

    <<Cmon Giovanni, you really believe that the hordes driving around
     Dallas in their GS300's, Acura 3.2TL's, Infiniti I30's and Lincoln
     LS's bought these cars simply because they wanted a "luxury" car as
     opposed to a "sporting" car. I don't buy it for a second. I submit to
     you that people are buying these cars in large part because they are
     perceived as a good value and they are reliable.>>

    Kevin: Oh yeah those cars are real sportsters. Good Value! BS! Those cars ar
status symbols,     they buy cause that's what their friends drive. Be real,
every car maker in the world now builds     cars that are more than acceptably
reliable, there has got to be more than that.

 <<Again, outside of the Valley where the average 24 yr. old probably has
     more money than the GDP of the Ivory Coast I don't believe that hoards
     of Gen Y's will be lining up to plunk down $19K to $20K on a 145 as
     opposed to continuing to snap up the ubiquitous Integras and GTi's I
     see everywhere.>>

First of all, go price out a Golf or Integra.
Secondly, The current group known as Gen Y will be in 5-7 years 10 times larger
than the current 25-30 group who now buys bimmers, etc.
Think about that, If Alfa approaches the market myopically they'll lose out on
the future. The first thing Alfa needs to do is make the image seem cool, not so
I, or a 17 yr old rice boy can buy a 145, but rather so youngsters can aspire to
get out of school get a good job and buy an Alfa GTV V6 insteda of the current
state of affairs where that aspiration is aimed at BMW M3, Audi S4 (Nizam?),
Porsche Boxster, whatever. If the younger generation doesn't aspire to own an
Alfa, they have no future.
People in ahem, older age groups are too imbedded in previous opinion one way or
the other, either you love Alfas (rare) or think they are unreliable, pieces of
junk.

    <<Gen Y Johnny
     cashes in his options and has to decide between a base 323i at $27K or
     a 156 Twink at $29K............Easy decision for me, but for the rest
     of the buying public I'm not so sure>>

Exactly, change the perception while they're 17-21, cuz later it'll be too late.

My 2 Euros.

Giovanni