More German Aircraft

What with Mercedes sports car racers flipping at Le Mans, Audis taking
flight, and BMWs and Porsches that all seem to want to fly off the bends
ass backwards, especially in the wet, just why are German cars so popular?
I never met a Mercedes that didn't feel like my grandfather should be
driving it. never met a BMW that didn't want to terminally oversteer
everytime you wanted to push it a bit, never met a Porsche that didn't want
to do likewise AND shake all the fillings out of your teeth to boot. As for
Audi, until the recent crop of A4 VW Passats in disguise, they were just
plain hopeless as a driver's car, overweight, underpowered, underdamped AND
undersprung. Oh well, uber alles I suppose.

Ferrari will win the drivers AND constructors this year. Everybody has the
best British and Commonwealth designers money can buy, so a level playing
field is on tap, except for engine power and I think the Italians have more
power than anybody, even Honda won't beat that Ferrari engine this year,
too bad Pirelli has given up on F1 they could make the difference!. No
German aerodynamicists are on staff so the wings are all on upside down
British style (the Spitfire reputedly flew better upside down than the
Messerschmidt flew right way up, good thing since the updraft carbs got
confused if you tried to dive a Spit without rolling over first!).

G'night

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada