RE: Alfa US Sales

Mr. Italiacars@domain.elided writes:
<<Actually the problem was they didn't buy it! If the Alfisti would have
stepped up and spent the money to buy the cars, sales would have stayed in
the 3,000 or so units a year and may have kept Alfa here until the new
products arrived. When only 1,000 cars are sold in 2 years it doesn't take
much to figure out what was going to happen.
No the only people Alfisti have to blame for Alfa pulling out of the country
is themselves, ................. and Chrysler.>>
**********************
Ouch!!  Now that hurts!  If only ALfisti are to blame(...and Chrisler), then
I'm at a loss, and don't understand anything anymore.  You say that if they
sold 3,000 units a year, that may have kept Alfa here.  You mean we 3,000
odd Alfisti should have stepped out and buy a new Alfa, ...EVERY YEAR?  Come
on!  I think the Alfisti would go for that special Alfa model, we cannot buy
the whole line of cars.  Not all Alfa buyers will be true Alfisti.  Unless
you want to call Alfisti to all the potential buyers in the US, then if they
don't buy, you can blame them.
Do I make any sense?
On another note, it's probably true that if tomorrow Alfa starts selling
cars here, I seriously doubt that we hard core Alfisti could go aout and buy
3,000 cars, or 500 for that matter.
Jorge Mazlumian
PS And the only people to blame for not racing at Pocono are the Alfisti
themselves...