the gnu mangusta

hi daryl, among other things, ewe said:
>A few weeks later she stopped by my office to tell me she had actually
>seen a Mangusta in person. As she related the story I deduced that she
>had seen the 2000 Goose at the Chicago Auto Show. While telling me the
>story she had this uncomfortable look on her face like, "should I tell
>the boss he has something hanging out of his nose". I then explained
>that the Mangusta I'm looking for, THE Mangusta, is from 1969, and
>showed her a picture. "Thank God", she sighed. "I couldn't believe you
>were that jazzed about the 2000 Mangusta. It looks like something from a
>Roger Rabbit cartoon!"
this, i think, unfortunately, sums it up.  as a *pantera* owner, i only can
count my blessings that it wasn't named a pantera.  my sincere condolences for
those of ewe who own the original mangusta.  and while i appreciate the support
that kjell qvale has given the de tomaso community, i, for one, am embarrassed
that my de tomaso has *any* relationship to this gnu de tomaso, *whatever* model
name ewe wanna call it.  i think that any publicity this car gives us owners of
the older cars will only be negative.  i also hope i'm wrong!  ;~)

doug "the latest de tomaso is a bigua embarrassment" sedon