alfa logo

Dear mr. Verrilli,
I apologize to use your Email address to answer to the numerous messages
related to the ALFA LOGO,but it is not practical,nor I have the time to
individually anwer to everybody as I would like. I am sure that in spirit of
cooperation you will disseminate my message.
First of all,let me say that all those people who seem "outraged" because we
investigate the use of the brand name,nothing has changed in these last few
days:world war 3 has not started,Alfa Romeo has always pursued (at least for
the last 11 years which is the lengh of time my ageing memory allows me to
remember) the same policy: whenever we were aware of the unauthorized use of
the logo or brand name we acted accordigly.
A sign on a window, or a logo on the wed site, are exactly the same,the
latter just more sophisticated and on line with today's technology,therefore
subjected to same rules.
I honestly do not believe, that there are people who do not know that the
use of a brand name,is regulated by international laws.
Having said that, I will try to respond as much as I can to all comments,so
all of us can go back to do more useful tasks.

1 Fiat abandoned the US market.

  I respectfully disagree: in 1995 Fiat was forced to take a very painful
decision and I can tell you that every possibility was analized in order to
avoid a withdrawal,unfortunately there was no possibility to make the
numbers fall in the right place, and you can imagine that, share holders
have hearts,but do not forget the bottom line.
  In any case,in ceasing the import of new cars, we pledged to continue to
support our existing customers, even if in doing so,it has been an
economical drainage of dimension that you can easily imagine.
 Alfa Romeo is still here,we are not perfect far from that,but we still give
a 90% fill rate to our dealers, five years after the fact.A network of 66
authorized service and parts providers is still kicking and alive (by the
way,most of them are the original Alfa Romeo dealers,dating more than 20
years back ,so I fail to understand the statement that Fiat has destroyed
the Alfa Romeo dealers.

2 Alfa Romeo cars pictures cannot be dislayed anymore

  I would not be so dramatic, nobody is starting a which hunt,and the family
picture taken in front of your spider will not be burned.

3 The Alfa Romeo clubs cannot show the logo

  Many complaints were stating that clubs are non profitable organizations
and they promote the Alfa Romeo name: I have no doubt that,most of them are
,unfortunately,if you surf the net,you will find a Alfa Romeo owners club
that, immediately beneath the logo, displays the advertisment of a well kown
indipendent spare parts wholesaler. It certainly helps the bottom line, and
it is a nice example of american ingenuity, but I believe has little to do
with "non profit".

4 Emblems cannot be shown in the context of technichal articles

  This subject has been approched so many time that my friend Di Matteo
should be very aware of what is permissible and what is not.

5 Unavailability of updated spare parts

  We sell original parts from Alfa Romeo Italy and any modification or
update is the same, whether the part is sold in the US or in Australia.

The above, it is an example which I hope it represents the spetrum of all
Email communications on this matter, I have omitted those that are just
plain rethoric, and do not benefit anybody.

To end this long message: we never refuse to evaluate the requests received
for use of the logo,those that, to our judgement, have some validity, are
forwarded to the responsible department for approval. As I stated
previously, I do not establish the rules, but I have the responsibility to
enforce them,whether I like it or not.Also, we welcome any person who does
voluntary work to maintain the flow of communications whith the remaining
customers base,no we do not live in the dark ages, and, when requested, we
supply the information.

I thank you for your patience in reading this message, which I could not
write earlier, because I was away from my office the other week.

Riccardo Brugnoli Alfa  Romeo inc./ARDONA Div.

(ps: ARDONA means: alfa romeo distrib. of n.a. somebody does not know)