164 Alarm Key Blanks available from Authorized Alfa Service centers / Alfa Parts availabilty in general

Vladd mentioned that ARDONA said that the blanks were unavailable in the US.

Actually, you can get the blanks (about two months ago I ordered one).   The
problem is getting to fit the 164.   When I ordered the "key" I assumed that
it was a "common" key shared by all 164's.   I then received the blank.

I am hoping that a competent locksmith could make the pattern.   Has anybody
gone this route before?

I have seen a number of listings lately that are searching for Alfa parts
that are available from the service centers (dealers listed in the Alfa
Owner).   Most of the time the parts can be special ordered, and you will
have to wait 3 weeks, but the parts can be found at the service center.

I sometimes have the impression that some of the dealers don't want to go
through the hassle of a special order.  So, if you turn up empty handed at
one place you might want to try another... most of the time they are very
helpful.

Steven Silverstein
Milano Verde
164L