Infamous V6 Rattle

The infamous V6 crankcase rattle (or slight knock?) is getting worse in m=
Verde. To add to the subject, it started making noise right after I switc=
hed
to Mobil 1 synthetic oil=85aarrgghh. I know this is a controversial subje=
ct on
the forum, and I also am a strong supporter of synthetic oil, but this is
not the first time this has happened to me. A 1985 GTV6 I owned several
years ago also started to make bottom end noise right after I made the
switch=85I never made the connection then=85but I do now. Although I have=
 made
similar switches on other makes of cars (yes I have been unfaithful at
times) without problems, Alfas seem to be sensitive to this late change o=
fluids in life (at least in my experience). I think I will stick to the d=
ead
dinosaur stuff on Alfas unless I can buy a brand new Alfa someday...dream
on!

Back to the rattle=85

The car is in excellent shape, well loved and cared for, and actually run=
quite well. This being my 6th Alfa, I am quite sure it is the mains even
though it still has decent oil pressure.

I have narrowed my options to the following:

Plan A: Yank out the motor and have Carlos do his magic on a $5000 comple=
te
rebuild, with correct balance and "S" cams (may require my daughter to
rethink her higher educational aspirations), or=85

Plan B: Yank out the motor and have my cheaper mechanic (Me) do a $300 sh=
ade
tree bottom end quickie rebuild (you know slip in the bearings with crank=
 in
place and cross fingers), or=85

Plan C: Park it, save money for plan A, and drive my GTV6 (but I hate to
take my baby out in the rain :-(, or...

Plan D: Park it, save money for plan A, and drive Honda Accord (Not!), or=

Plan E: Poor in some hyper lube and baby it for a few more years while
saving money for Plan A (Would be as boring as driving my Honda Accord), =
or=85

Plan F: Poor in some hyper lube and thrash it until it dies and revert to
Plan A (but now I have an excuse to tell the wife!), or=85

Plan G: Poor in some hyper lube and sell it to some unsuspecting soul who
may come back and thrash me (yeah...but they all sound like
that=85hehehehehe).

What=92s the forum=92s opinion and any other options that have proven
successful?

1988 Verde, 122K (with rhythm)
1986 GTV6, 101K (never to see synthetic)
1999 300M, 20K (always to see synthetic)
1985 Honda Accord 169K (any oil I can keep in it)
1983 Honda 1100F 14K (clutch needs dead dinosaur stuff)