re: no start spider

alfa@domain.elided writes:
>Also, any comments on
>the accuracy of the dash voltmeter in late 80s Spiders?

It was my car that wouldn't start last week because of a depleted battery.
 I can tell you the voltmeter on the dash is not accurate in the sense
that it was reading 12 volts, and because the car would not start, we can
assume an accurate reading should have been less than 11 volts (one lister
wrote me that the engine needs a minimum of 11 to start and that this
should be checked with a digital volt meter).  However, in charging the
battery back to 100%, the meter now reads a little more than 13.  So,  now
that I now where it should be, the meter on the dash will be very useful
in preventing this problem from happening again in the future.

Alberto
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider
1997 Honda VFR 750F
2000 Saucony Hurricane