RE: Digest etiquette

hi simon, ewe said:
>Dug, I think I speak for the rest of the digest on this. I don't care
>whether or not you have good reasons for not liking Joe C. or anything
>he has to say. I don't care which one of you is a jerk or is not a jerk.
>I'm sick and tired of seeing this kind of pointless bickering on the
>digest. A good friend of mine passed on a bit of sage advice he got from
>his father. I suggest you burn this one into your brain:
>
>  "Never argue with an idiot. Passersby won't know the difference."
>
>If you persist in "rising to take the bait" when Joe C. says something
>you disagree with, Richard Welty may well banish you from the digest.
perhaps ewe are correct.  however, i feel it important that all italian-car
aficionados are aware of exactly what kind of event they are being asked to
support, and that all those interested in tracking their cars are aware of the
added risks they may be taking by doing so at an event where driver capability &
car specifications are *not* the only criteria for grouping the participants.
as long as *anyone* tries to mislead fellow digesters about a real safety
issue/concern, i feel compelled to "rise to take the bait", & alert those not
informed, to the potential dangers.  there is nothing personal here regarding my
feelings about joe c - i've never met the man, & i don't know his intentions.
but, whatever they are, i *do* know that track safety is *not* the *top*
priority.  the alfa-digest community should not let statements to the contrary
go unchallenged.

respectfully,

doug "the jerk/idiot" sedon