Re: Re Bill Harkels Post

In a message dated 3/1/00 12:45:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< a resolution.  Remember the discussion we had going a while back about
 Alfa Racers with Joe Carbaccio, this sounds the same to me. >>>>

  While Joe C states that Alfas shouldn't be on the same high speed track as
 F40's, others on the digest accuse someone else of being a girly boy for
 considering Miata seats for his Spider.  We chastise Joe for considering an
 Alfa a lesser car than a Ferrari, yet it's ok for us to dump on Miatas or
 other lesser cars.

 I think, performance-wise, there's less of a difference between an Alfa
 Spider and a Miata than there is between the F40 and the Alfas Joe was
 worried about.>>>>

Brian,
    Thank you for your observations. My concerns were always based upon
safety, nothing more. Others tagged me with the label as being anti-Alfa,
which couldn't be further from the truth. I own an Alfa, 2 of the 3 other
members of our organization own Alfas as well. The 3rd is a former Calloway
Turbo owner.

I will say it again Alfas are more than welcome at "Le Belle Macchine
d'Italia" we are working on a few things that will be of interest to Alfa
owners in particular. We will be more than happy to work with anyone that
will put forth the effort. The only thing we ask is the same thing we ask of
everyone be they Ferrari, Lamborghini or Alfa owners. Leave your ego & the
chip on your shoulder at the door, it is just a car show and it's supposed to
be fun. There are too few owners of Italian cars in North America to start
with, we should celebrate as one.

Joe Corbacio
Italian C.A.R.S.