Alternator light

Hi group!

I have a problem with my 74 gtv. The alternator light has started to
stay on all the time. I have driven it enough to know that the
alternator must be working because the battery stays up. I have checked
connections and the tightness of the belt and everything seems to be in
good order. The light retains the same brightness on acceleration and
deceleration. and only dims when the  starter is engaged. If someone has
an idea I would be greatful for the help. Thanks, Lannie.