164 Dashboard

About bulbs:
I would separately test the bulb by feeding juice to it.Low voltage bulbs such as automotive dashboard can "be burnt" without the filament to be ruptured or blackened because the low voltage DC current causes different damage than high voltage household AC.I've encountered "perfectly looking" bulbs that were bad. Also, they do tend to go bad if they have been in place for an eternity (since dashboard was assembled) and you move them.In my former car, a '86 Scirocco, 4 of them went bad as I was doing the same routine of changing places.
With the Airbag sensor, it can be done but it will take some time, e-mail me and i'll give you instructions.If you have the cardisc, read the section, and make sure to read the TSB as well.In my car, the code reading "bad squib" was actually bad connection at the ecu box, on the floor.
Vlad
'91 164L