[none]

Dave S. wrote: "When I had 17 inch wheels/ tires mounted on the 164 the tire
shop recommended 34 psi at all four corners. The tires are 215/45/17. There
does seem to be less torque steer with the 17 inchers.
Should tires with a lower aspect ratio require higher pressure to compensate
for the shorter sidewall? The car actually seems a bit soft with 34 psi, but
I don't want to overinflate them.  With the 15 inch wheels and 195/15's I
had the best results at 35 psi. Can anyone share any experience/expert
advice/hot air on this subject?"

I have 17" 215/45s on my 164S. They came inflated to 40psi from Tire Rack. I
dropped them down to 34 front, 32 rear, and they looked/felt soft to me. A
really reliable alignment shop that I use told me to try 40-42 front, with
36-38 in the rear. They mentioned that not only was that the correct
inflation for the tire/wheel combination I had, but that it would help
protect the soft aluminum wheels better by stiffening the sidewall.

The 17" wheels and tires have never exhibited any noticeable torquesteer at
all. I subscribe to Fred's notice to have a complete front and rear
alignment done to keep the car tracking correctly.

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC
ARA