Tourqe Steer, Tire pressures

When I had 17 inch wheels/ tires mounted on the 164 the tire shop
recommended 34 psi at all four corners. The tires are 215/45/17. There
does seem to be less torque steer with the 17 inchers.

Should tires with a lower aspect ratio require higher pressure to
compensate for the shorter sidewall? The car actually seems a bit soft
with 34 psi, but I don't want to overinflate them.  With the 15 inch
wheels and 195/15's I had the best results at 35 psi. Can anyone share
any experience/expert advice/hot air on this subject?

Thanks,

dave s.
95 164Q
83 Aston Martin Lagonda