Re: Safe to leave Spider Top Down in Parking Lots?

Ken,

Not to be critical, but this is more of a cultural question than an Alfa
question.  It really depends on where you live and what people are like
there.  I lived in Philadelphia for a number of years.  There , car break-ins
were common, and if I'd had a convertible at the time, I'm not sure I would've
even locked it, for fear that someone would rip the top.  Now I live in L.A.,
and while the crime rate might be lower or might be higher, I know most of the
places that I go, and worry less.

Trash and petty vandalism are a similar thing.  In L.A., everybody is used to
convertibles, and it's no big deal.  I pull the face off my radio, leave
nothing of value in the car, and leave it unlocked with the top down
routinely.  I've never had anything thrown in it, but hey, we don't allow
pedestrians out here anyway...

If you think you've got a bunch of mischiveous kids wandering the streets just
waiting to find a convertible to throw their ice cream into, well....act
accordingly.

Hal