Re: Milano rattle at idle

I wish I could say mine did that, but it doesn't.  I don't think Zamani's Milano does
it either.

A previous Verde that I owned used to have a faint rattle at idle, which got
progressively worse as time wore on.  The problem was a worn center support (car had
147K miles).

My current Milano/75 has new rubber along the driveshaft and since it's Motronic, it
also behaves a lot better at idle than L-Jetronic.  It doesn't rattle much at all to
be honest.  There is some sort of sympathetic vibration from the driveshaft, which
I believe is due to the design of the system (resonating frequency?), at about 1,100
rpm.  However, I don't usually drive at that rev, and I have to hold my pedal steady
to reproduce this vibration.  Otherwise, it's not noticeable at all.

Check your center support, and if the rattle is really significant, check your rubber
doughnuts.  A bad idle could highlight the former two as well.  Driveshaft
misalignment (e.g. incorrect spacers in the transaxle mount) could also judder your
driving experience.

Nizam