164S Driver's Side Mirror Defroster Dead

I noticed last week that the driver's side outside mirror defroster on my
164S was dead. The passenger side mirror was warm, as was the rear window
element (the mirror defrosters come on when the rear window defroster is
on). Since these three parts share one fuse, I assume the trouble is with
the wiring or the heater element in the mirror. Before I start ripping
things apart, has anyone dealt with this problem on their 164?

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC
ARA