Transmission 1st and 3rd gear

Hi,

Everyone was correct in saying that the dash and or electrical connectors
are preventing me from engaging in 1st and 3rd and have rewired my dash so
their are no
electrical connectors on top.   I have also removed the leather boot, and
the car does now go into 1st and 3rd but tends to pop out after a bump in
the road.  I believe the problem was facilitated by when I replaced my
propeller shaft u-joints I switched the
transmission mount so it as is in the manual on page 13-3.  This has I
believe made the problem worse because I remember that when I bought the car
it was revised and
their was wood in the bushing to stiffen it.  I know that this car was
originally brown
and was turned black so that the whole dash was out of the car at one time.
I believe
I have three options and am willing to take suggestions :

1. switch the transmission mount bushing so it is opposite of the way it is
in picture 13-3.

2. modify the dash the a saw.

3.  try and pry the dash up.

The car does have air conditioning which makes everything a lot more tight.

Thanks a lot for your help

Doug K

End of alfa-digest V7 #1372