Re: Spider interior lights

Timothy,

Do you mean that the center position has become an "always on" position?  If
so, it's probable that either your relay or door jamb switch could be at fault
(or theoretically the switches on the lights themselves, although it seems
unlikely that they'd simultaneouls experience the same failure mode).

If the circuit believes that one of your doors is open, it will keep the lights
on.  However, as Fred noted, this is a pretty simple circuit.  It's looking for
one on the wires going to the door jamb switches to be grounded.  So if there
is a switch failure, it has to be one in which the wire going to the switch has
become constantly grounded, which seems unlikely; but check.  I suppose it's
also possible that the wire has come off one of the switches and is sitting on
a grounded surface.

I don't remember if the lights will come on from a door jamb trigger without
the relay in place.  If so, that would give you a good way to test.  I'll try
to check later this afternoon.

Hal

Assuming your courtesy lights should work the same way mine do (on an '86).