colorful Michelins? (no Alfa content)

A San Francisco supervisor has proposed outlawing the sale of Michelin
"Scorcher" (?) colored tires in SF, and asking Michelin to pay the clean-up
costs of removing the colorful burn-out rubber from the city streets.  Are
these tires  for real?  I've never otherwise heard of them.  I would that
other than the fashion-accessory aspect of having colored tires on your car,
the real purpose is to leave nice bright streaks on the pavement.  But I
think of Michelin as a more sober company that that ...

Andrew Watry
Berkeley, CA (which seems level-headed compared to SF)
Berlina Register
35 tires, all black