Re: My First Day of Spider Ownership

Congratulations!

A friend and I once traveled 6000 miles in 5 days in my 1975 spider.  He =
was 6'3 and approximately 225 lbs. at the time, and he was never uncomforta=
ble.  However, I don't think most of his height was in his legs.

It may help if you refrain from tilting your right leg and resting it =
against the console while driving.  Hold your foot and leg in a more =
vertical position and it will reduce the fatigue on your right leg.  =
Pressing the go pedal with more effort seems to help too :-)

The pedals are close, I think it's the classic Italian driving position.  =
I think if you put the seat all the way back and adjust the seat back to a =
reasonably vertical position, it may help.  I used to drive with the seat =
reclined too much and it became uncomfortable on longer distances.

Now that I drive my spider less and use it only for special events, I find =
that I'm more tired after a long trip than I used to be.  Must be from =
sensory overload, or I'm not as familiar with it and need to drive it more =
:-)

I don't think I would get excited about the $1400 bill if he did a 30,000 =
mile service and all of the other things you mention.  You have, essentiall=
y, a new car.

Loyd Heimbruch
Barnum, MN
1978 Niki Lauda Spider