the Alfa Romeo logo in initial caps scroll format

In AD7 Robin Boyar asks "when the Alfa Romeo logo in initial caps scroll
format was first placed on the cars.  I know that it's on the trunk of my
Duetto, but can't recall if any earlier models have it.  If memory serves
correct, it's lower case on the Giulia Super and Giuliettas.  Can anyone give
me more information about this?"

The "Alfa" with initial cap scroll format was used before "Romeo" became part
of the name; Nicola Romeo bought the company on 2 December 1915, but the
company was not named Alfa Romeo, and the cars were not called Alfa Romeos
until 1920 (but were still raced in 1921 with just the "Alfa" script.) The
earliest photo I have with the full "Alfa Romeo" script is an R.L. Normale
third series, which was produced from 1923 to 1925.

when, where, and why the script would have been first used in an
all-lower-case format is a whole 'nuther question entirely; i will defer to
dug sedon on that one. dug?

john h
raleigh, n.c.