Tire opinion

I'd like to second Zach's opinion of the Blizzaks- I have them on my Miata,
and don't like them very much.  It didn't take too long to wear through the
"sticky" part, and all I'm left with now are average snow tires.

My honda had 190P's, and they were (are still) great.  Because of this, when
my wife's 164 needed winter tires, I went with Pirelli.  She loves them.  I
can't recall the name of them, as it was the period that there was a lot of
changes in the name, but they are like the 210A's or Winter Ice
Assimetricos, or something like that.  Great tires for winter.  I'll be
putting these on the Miata next time.  And it really helps to have an extra
set of wheels- I got mine from a fellow digester from Chicago.  Just the
plain alloys from the 91-93's.  Works great for winter.

I do envy you who don't have to put up with this.  5 more months and we will
be sweating through summer....

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering