Re: 164S Tire Choices

Ascher wrote about tire choices for his 164S. I changed a little less than a
year ago from the stock setup to 17" x 7.5" wheels running 215/45
Bridgestone RE71s. The difference in grip is enormous while the comfort
trade-off is minimal. I haven't had the desire (or cash) to try other tires,
as my car's handling has been transformed. So far, the tires are wearing
evenly and slowly. In the recent rainy N. California weather, I have been
amazed at the wet performance of my previously (with stock wheels/tires)
skitterish car.

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC