New and Old Alfas

Yesterday, after reading posts on the Digest debating whether FWD Alfas were
"real" Alfas, I took off for a long, fast drive up the Pacific Coast Highway
in my 164S, in the rain and fog. Two hours of slicing and dicing, listening
to the engine roar (thank you Stebro) and watching the tach climb brought
the familiar shameless Alfa grin to my face. I've done this run many times,
with my 164 and a 74 GTV. Sure they're different animals from  different
eras. Most certainly born for diferring reasons, with wholly different
feels. One thing, at least for me, that ties them together is passion. Both
machines roar and scream with a heart born in the Italian soul. It's enough
for me.

I live in an area where vintage and new Ferraris, old Maseratis, Lancias and
all sorts of exotica roam the streets daily. Multitudes of new, furiously
fast machines hit the streets each day, a gift to all who love the road.  We
have our likes and dislikes, but for me, it comes down to whether it stirs
my soul. I don't really care about the politics of Fiat or Ford, as much as
I long for the choice to decide if I want to park a 156 in my garage.

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC
ARA