Milano 2.5 Erratic Idle/Aux Air Device?

I am diagnosing a erratic idle problem on my 87 Milano Gold.  The motor
idles low and runs rough when cold  When up to running temp it will idle
smooth and sometimes pop up high to 1100-1200 rpm.

The problem is worse when the ambient temp is lower (30's & 40's)  (when
motor is cold rough idle and stumbles when power is applied.   It idles
faster when the motor is at running temp. Also she is gettting poor gas
milage, around 20MPG.

- -When the motor is cold the exhaust smells a bit of of unburnt gas.
- -The coolant temp sensor checked out with an ohm meter.
- -The cold start valve mists when motor is cold, and doesn't drip when motor
is warm.
- -The AFM was swapped. No difference.
- - One month old O2 sensor (Installed w/ Permatex 133 Anti-seize witch I now
suspect is not O2 sensor friendly....opps!)
- -The Aux air device closes @ running temp, but doesn't fully open when
cold.(I can carefully push it open farther) IS THIS CORRECT??
I tested two Aux Air devices one from car & 1 from parts car and both
performed identically in the oven @ 175 and in the freezer.
- - NKG plugs are lightly fouled and gapped at .031

My questions are:

Does the Aux Air Device sound like it is doing its job?

Should I check anything else before I replace the O2 (again!) and rebuild
the injectors?

Any words of wisdom on this matter are greatly appreciated!

Jason Ball
87 Milano Gold
Austin, Texas